Since 1898, West Shore Bank has been committed to helping families in the six-county area in which we serve improve their financial well-being. These counties include Benzie, Mason, Manistee, Muskegon, Oceana and Grand Traverse of Michigan. Making A Real Difference in the lives of our community members from generation to generation.
West Shore Bank will award approximately ten (10) scholarships, in the amount of $1,250 per award based on the applicant’s college/university choice.
The DEADLINE for scholarship applications is April 16, 2023, at 11:00 p.m. (no exceptions).
NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in an accredited higher educational institution.
Scholarship Criteria and Eligibility
- Must attend a high school located in the six-county West Shore Bank service area of Benzie, Mason, Manistee,
Muskegon, Oceana, and Grand Traverse counties.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (or a “B” average).
- Must enroll at a College or University the first-semester following high school graduation.
- Applicants may not be related to any Board of Directors or staff as this presents a conflict of interest
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee containing a brief explanation about yourself and your college plans (college/university, intended major, and anticipated start date). The letter should not exceed one (1) page.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individuals with significant knowledge of the applicant’s experience and involvement.
- An official and recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank.
- Personal Essay. The essay must be at least 1-2 typed pages, double-spaced, 12 pt / Time New Roman font.
The essay shall contain no grammatical errors
Submit Your Application Online
West Shore Bank, 201 W. Loomis Street, PO Box 627
Ludington, MI, 49431-0627, (888) 295-4373
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender